STONEHENGE ACCOMMODATION at SCOTLAND LODGE
En-Suite bed and breakfast and self-catering studios.
+44(0)1722 330 736 / +44(0)7957 863183
In the hinterland of Stonehenge, ideal base for touring the Golden Triangle - Stonehenge, Salisbury (magnificent cathedral in glorious setting) and Bath (UNESCO World heritage Site).
Circa 15th/16th house with Victorian additions. Halfway between London and Exeter.
BED & BREAKFAST
All en-suite (regrettably, for disabled, all rooms are on the 1st floor (2nd for Americans).
- Standard double and twin rooms from £65 a night, £55 single;
- Superior/family rooms, doubles and twin rooms from £75 a night for two people.
- Independent, private two-room complex for four to five people from £125
Includes buffet breakfast, sitting room, billiard room for guests. Ample parking. WiFi, fridge, microwave, t.v. and beverage tray in all rooms. Our aim is your satisfaction and good value. Local pubs for meals.
Discounts for second and extra nights. Discounts for regular four nights mid-week.
SELF-CATERING STUDIO APARTMENTS
Double or twin with separate or galley kitchen. Sofa bed for youngsters/adult (extra). Minimum three nights from £200, seven nights from £350.
MEETINGS & WORKSHOPS
Flexible setting for groups. Formal boardroom table for 10-12 or less formal space for workshops, discussions etc.
We are ideally situated for exploring ancient Wiltshire and beyond, with its wide open skies and vistas.
- Stonehenge Visitors Centre 5 minutes.
- Glastonbury and Avebury lie to the west and east.
- Salisbury (20mins). Bill Bryson reported: "Salisbury Cathedral is the single most beautiful structure in England and the Close around it the most beautiful space". Original Magna Carta (1215) in the Cathedral and Salisbury Museum, also in The Close, is excellent.
- Bath (1 hour) Heritage, Roman, Georgian.
- Stately homes such as Wilton, Longleat, Stourhead and T.V.'s Wolf Hall locations
- Salisbury Plain - huge skies, open vistas. Star gazing (low light pollution)
- The New Forest. The South Coast. Portsmouth, Jurassic Coast
- Dirk: "What a beautiful stay we had. Very friendly host. Fabulous jams for breakfast. Highly recommended by us. Thanks!!!"
- Glenda: "This was a well priced and comfortable choice; hosts were helpful and accommodating. The room/flat was tidy and well provisioned; good value for money"
- Sam: "Stay here !..."